List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:August 20 2008 4:29am
Subject:Re: convert week of the year into a date string
View as plain text
Hi All,
I think i worked on this and found the results.

I did the below.

1. Multiplied the week_of_the_year with 7 (7 days per week), to get the
total number of days from begning of the year.

2. used mysql function makedate
   makedate(year,number of days from the start of the year)
  makedate(2008,224)
select makedate(2008,224);
+--------------------+
| makedate(2008,224) |
+--------------------+
| 2008-08-11         |

Thanks a lot for all your help.

regards
anandkl

On 8/19/08, Phil <freedc.bok@stripped> wrote:

> Ananda,
>
> I did something fairly similar to this just a few weeks ago.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have access to the server I did the script on until
> later tonight (EST).
>
> If no one has replied by then I will dig out the script and send it on to
> you.
>
> Phil
>
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
>
>> HI All,
>> I have table which stores week_of_the_year and year.
>> For example
>>
>> week_of_year        YEAR
>> 32                          2008
>>
>> I want to convert this into the date. That is , i need to get the date of
>> first day of the week 32.
>> some thing like
>>
>> 03-AUG-2008.
>>
>> Regards
>> anandkl
>>

> --
> Help build our city at http://free-dc.myminicity.com !

Thread
convert week of the year into a date stringAnanda Kumar19 Aug
Re: convert week of the year into a date stringAnanda Kumar20 Aug
  • Re: convert week of the year into a date stringPintér Tibor20 Aug
    • Re: convert week of the year into a date stringJoerg Bruehe20 Aug
      • Re: convert week of the year into a date stringPhil20 Aug