List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Shellam Date:August 18 2008 8:07am
Subject:Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access denied
View as plain text
Hi Andrew,

I think he means re-install MySQL and provide a root password (you
said when you originally installed it that you didn't give it a
password.)

After you've done this, try mysql from the command-line explicitly
telling it to use the user "root":

mysql --user=root --password

The "--password" here tells mysql to prompt you for a password, or
alternatively you can provide the password on the command-line too:

mysql --user=root --password=<password>

Once you can login via the command-line there's no reason why the
Admin GUI shouldn't be able to login too.

Regards,

Andy

Quoting AndrewMcHorney <andrewmchorney@stripped>:

> How does one done this?
>
> At 08:41 AM 8/17/2008, Sreekanth CHAVA wrote:
>> Hi Andrew
>>
>> As  per  your  Question , you can  test with the below solution :-
>>
>> Try   to  reconfigure  MySQL  by  providing  the  root  password and  then
>> try  to run  the
>>
>> administer  GUI. This  should  solve the  problem.
>>
>> CHAVA
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:22 PM, AndrewMcHorney
>> <andrewmchorney@stripped>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I am still getting the MySQL Error Number 1045 Access denied error message
>>> when running the adminstrator gui. I attempted to start mysql from the dos
>>> command line via "mysql" and I am getting the following. ERROR
>>> 1045 (28000):
>>> Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO). I am
>>> logging in as root, locahost and no password because I did not enter one
>>> when I installed the software. I will be changing that. For the
>>> command line
>>> I just entered mysql and a return. How can I fix this. I am off
>>> for the week
>>> and I would like to get this working so I can create a database or 2.
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Sreekanth CHAVA

>> 8/16/2008 5:12 PM

Andy Shellam
Business Systems Architect

Network Mail
NetServe Support
Thread
MySQL Error Number 1045 Access deniedAndrewMcHorney17 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access deniedSreekanth CHAVA17 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access deniedAndrewMcHorney18 Aug
      • Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access deniedAndy Shellam18 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access deniedSharad18 Aug
Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access deniedAndy Shellam18 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access deniedPaul Choi18 Aug