List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Shellam Date:August 16 2008 2:40pm
Subject:Re: Multiple Query/Insert help
View as plain text
Hi Steve,

You're seeing this error because this query:

select div_id
from team_season where team_id=s1.div_id

is being run independently of the rest, so it doesn't know of "s1" in
this context.  You would probably be better with an INNER JOIN here,
something like the following (may need tweaking):

e.g.

insert into games2 (sea_id,date,time,loc_id,hteam,vteam,div_id)
(
	select
		'36', game_date, begin_time, loc_id, home_team_id, away_team_id, ts.div_id
	from
		scheduler s1 INNER JOIN team_season ts ON ts.team_id = s1.div_id
)

Regards,
Andy

Steven Buehler wrote:
> I have a query that I just can't seem to get working.
>

> insert into games2 (sea_id,date,time,loc_id,hteam,vteam,div_id) (select
> '36',game_date,begin_time,loc_id,home_team_id,away_team_id,(select div_id
> from team_season where team_id=s1.div_id) from scheduler s1);
>

> Of course, I am getting the dreaded "Unknown column 's1.div_id' in 'where
> clause'" error message.
>
> I think the statement above shows what I am trying to do better than me
> explaining it.  My only real problem is that the div_id needs to be gotten
> from the team_season table.
>

> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Thread
Multiple Query/Insert helpSteven Buehler16 Aug
  • Re: Multiple Query/Insert helpAndy Shellam16 Aug
    • RE: Multiple Query/Insert helpMartin Gainty16 Aug
      • Re: Multiple Query/Insert helpAndy Shellam16 Aug
        • RE: Multiple Query/Insert helpSteven Buehler16 Aug