List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Baisley Date:August 16 2008 12:52pm
Subject:Re: another INNODB vs MYISAM question
View as plain text
First, databases do not have a table type, they are mainly just a
logical grouping of tables. Mixing table types in a database is quite
alright and is what you are supposed to do. I generally use MYISAM,
but if I have a table with lots of activity (inserts, deletes,
selects) or needs transaction support, I use InnoDB.

What you did was not only switch the default table type, but you
disabled the InnoDB table type. As you may already know, MySQL's table
types are different engines that are really plug-ins. You can disable
those plug-ins if you like, which is what you did. Just re-enable the
InnoDB stuff and you should be alright. You can leave your default
engine as MYISAM and if you like, you can use ALTER TABLE to convert
your InnoDB tables to MYISAM.

--
Brent Baisley