List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:December 16 1999 4:40pm
Subject:Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the list
View as plain text
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:56:04 -0600, Greg Breland wrote:

>I get about 3000 emails a day, with about 2500 of them being from mailing
>lists (PHP, Hylafax,Sair, LUG's, PHPdoc,VNC).  That still leaves 500 a day
>ending up in my inbox.  Mysql's 20-30 emails a day that would not route to
>my MySQL folder is just too big a pain, so I am dumping the list.

Subject line prefixes won't solve your problem.

Something is seriously wrong if you get 3000 E-mails per day. How can
you even look at the subjects in a normal day, let alone do anything
else? Don't use your MUA as an archiving tool - digests and web
archives do a much better job. Get different mailboxes for different
lists and use programs to filter crudely to save you some eye strain.

Subscribe to the digest. This leaves 1-2(3) messages per day, with
threads nicely arranged. Or go to http://lists.mysql.com and read from
the threaded archive. Much easier to delete 2-3 messages each day than
30 ;-)

-Sincerely, Fred

Why I want to Unscuribe to the listGreg Breland14 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listBill Gerrard14 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listEd Carp15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listAlex Menendez15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listdissonant15 Dec
    • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listDylan Neild15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the list(Loyd Goodbar)16 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listTonu Samuel16 Dec
Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listStephen Johnson14 Dec
  • Re: [MySQL] Why I want to Unscuribe to the listTyler 'Crackerjack' MacDonald14 Dec
    • Re: [MySQL] Why I want to Unscuribe to the listEd Carp15 Dec
      • Re: [MySQL] Why I want to Unscuribe to the listTyler 'Crackerjack' MacDonald15 Dec
        • Re: [MySQL] Why I want to Unscuribe to the listEd Carp15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listMark Russell14 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listRick Moore14 Dec
    • RE: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listfw14 Dec
RE: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listvas14 Dec
RE: [MySQL] Why I want to Unscuribe to the listvas15 Dec
  • RE: [MySQL] Why I want to Unscuribe to the listEd Carp15 Dec
RE: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listMichael L Smith15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listMatthew Vanecek15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listBenjamin Pflugmann15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listMichael Lim Shek Sia15 Dec
    • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listEd Carp15 Dec
RE: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listGreg Breland15 Dec
  • Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listRonald Beck16 Dec
Re: Why I want to Unscuribe to the listFred Lindberg16 Dec