List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fish Kungfu Date:August 15 2008 11:43am
Subject:Re: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS - doesnt??
View as plain text
Hmmm.  It works okay for me, without an error when the tabel doesn't exist.
I'm using mysql Server version 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1

For example:
mysql> use lsldatabase;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+-----------------------+
| Tables_in_lsldatabase |
+-----------------------+
| lslstore              |
+-----------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> drop table if exists recipes;
Query OK, 0 rows affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)
As you see, the table "recipes" doesn't already exist, and I don't get
an error.

roger.maynard wrote:
> I am finding that
>

> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS mytable;
>

> Works fine if the table exists - but if it doesn't exist I get an error?
>

> Surely it should not error and just not try to drop the table.
>

> Is it me?

Thread
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS - doesnt??roger.maynard15 Aug
  • Re: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS - doesnt??Fish Kungfu15 Aug
RE: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS - doesnt??roger.maynard15 Aug
  • RE: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS - doesnt??Martin Gainty15 Aug
RE: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS - doesnt??Fish Kungfu15 Aug