List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Moon's Father Date:August 12 2008 5:53am
Subject:Re: Failed to initialize the master info structure
View as plain text
If you have the whole backup ,then you can simply use reset slave statement
to purge all the relay log on your slave machine and use change master to
statement to do a new slave configuration.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> wrote:

> The first thing that occurs to me is to double-check the r/w
> permissions in your data directory.  I assume you are logged into
> mysql as root when you attempt this command?
>
>  - michael dykman
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Brown, Charles <CBrown@stripped> wrote:
> > Can someone tell me why I am getting this message whenever I issued a
> > "CHANGE MASTER" command?
> >
> > @40000000489f38462d0bedd4 080810 13:49:32 [ERROR] Failed to initialize
> > the master info structure
> >

> > Thanks
> > This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and
> > may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
> >
> > If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> > that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> >
> > If you have received this communication in error, please erase
> > all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us
> > immediately.
> >
> > Thank you.

>  - michael dykman
>  - mdykman@stripped
>
>  - All models are wrong. Some models are useful.

I'm a MySQL DBA in china.
More about me just visit here:
http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn

Thread
Help with Table structureVelen10 Aug
  • Re: Help with Table structureChris W11 Aug
  • Re: Help with Table structureVelen11 Aug
    • Failed to initialize the master info structureCharles Brown11 Aug
      • Re: Failed to initialize the master info structureMichael Dykman11 Aug
        • Re: Failed to initialize the master info structureMoon's Father12 Aug