List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:August 10 2008 11:09pm
Subject:Re: SELECT N records from each category
View as plain text
>It uses a single table, I am using multiple tables. I am not selecting
>the TOP 10 or whatever. This example has no relationships where the
>schema I presented does.

Eh? We can treat any query as one derived table; it makes no difference
to the principle involved. And the same within-aggregate quota selection
principle applies to top or any other quota per group so long as the
selection criterion can be written in valid SQL. Have a nice day.

PB

-----

Kevin Waterson wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Peter Brawley <peter.brawley@stripped>
> wrote:
>

>> Vague? Not in the slightest. General? Indeed, by design.
>>

> I have read this before..
> It uses a single table, I am using multiple tables. I am not selecting
> the TOP 10 or whatever. This example has no relationships where the
> schema I presented does.
>
> If you dont know the answer, just leave it out, but thanks for your efforts.
> If anybody can steer me in the right direction here, that would be great.
>
> Kevin

Thread
SELECT N records from each categoryKevin Waterson10 Aug
  • Re: SELECT N records from each categoryPeter Brawley10 Aug
    • can some please help me -- REPLICATIONCharles Brown10 Aug
      • Re: can some please help me -- REPLICATIONJim Lyons10 Aug
        • Re: can some please help me -- REPLICATIONDavid Giragosian10 Aug
          • RE: can some please help me -- REPLICATIONCharles Brown10 Aug
          • RE: can some please help me -- REPLICATIONCharles Brown10 Aug
            • Re: can some please help me -- REPLICATIONMoon's Father12 Aug
    • Re: SELECT N records from each categoryKevin Waterson10 Aug
      • Re: SELECT N records from each categoryPeter Brawley11 Aug
        • Re: SELECT N records from each categoryKevin Waterson11 Aug
          • Re: SELECT N records from each categoryPeter Brawley11 Aug
  • Re: SELECT N records from each categoryPerrin Harkins11 Aug
    • Re: SELECT N records from each categoryKevin Waterson11 Aug