List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Velen Date:August 10 2008 5:53pm
Subject:Help with Table structure
View as plain text
Hi,

I have a table containing 75 fields with a primary index and index set on 5 other fields.
Everything is working fine so far as the table contains only about 80,000 records.  I
expect these records to reach 500,000 by end of september.

I would like to know:
- if the number of records will slow down my queries when I search on the indexed fields?
- if manipulating the records within the table will be slow, (i.e. insert into table...,
delete from table..., subqueries)

Can anyone advise?  Also, if you have a similar table please let me know your pros and
cons for this kind of table structure.

Thanks.

Velen

Thread
Help with Table structureVelen10 Aug
  • Re: Help with Table structureChris W11 Aug
  • Re: Help with Table structureVelen11 Aug
    • Failed to initialize the master info structureCharles Brown11 Aug
      • Re: Failed to initialize the master info structureMichael Dykman11 Aug
        • Re: Failed to initialize the master info structureMoon's Father12 Aug