List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 7 2008 5:45am
Subject:Re: Transplanting table structure changes
View as plain text
Hello Jerry,

> I've added about a dozen new columns to two tables in my development
> environment, and now I need to roll it out to our production environment.
> Can anyone suggest an easy way to do this? I want to avoid typos, as much
as
> I can.
>

> I made the original changes with PHPMyAdmin, so I don't have any original
> script to re-use. The best idea I've come up with is to capture the output
> of SHOW CREATE TABLE and massage that, but I wonder if I'm missing
> something.

You might want to try our Schema Compare tool inside Database Workbench.
This tool also has a "script recorder" that can record any changes you make
to (meta)data in order to help you keep your change scripts.

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Transplanting table structure changesJerry Schwartz6 Aug
  • Re: Transplanting table structure changesGlyn Astill6 Aug
  • Re: Transplanting table structure changesMartijn Tonies7 Aug
    • RE: Transplanting table structure changesJerry Schwartz8 Aug
    • RE: Transplanting table structure changesJerry Schwartz8 Aug
  • Re: Transplanting table structure changesMarkus Grossrieder10 Aug
    • RE: Transplanting table structure changesJerry Schwartz11 Aug
  • Re: Transplanting table structure changesMartijn Tonies11 Aug