List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 20 1999 9:55pm
Subject:Re: HELP!!!
View as plain text
Chris Dorr wrote:
> Version Number:  3.20.31e
> Platform:  FREEBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE
> Memory: 2316612     /usr  A Lot!!!
> Source: I'm unsure.  I installed it using the ports that came with FREEBSD
> I can't get the daemon started.  Error message I get:
> bash-2.01# mysql.server start
> bash-2.01# Starting mysqld demon with databases from /var/db/mysql
> mysqld demon ended
> Error message contained in /var/db/mysql/
> mysqld started on Tue Apr 20 15:26:29 MDT 1999
> ^G/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm' (Errcode:
> 2)mysqld ended on Tue Apr 20 15:26:29 MDT 1999

ls -l /var/db/mysql/data/mysql

see if there is anything in there ( namely host.frm), if
not, re-run the script that comes with the distribution
that installs system tables, and make sure it puts in in
the correct location.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
HELP!!!Chris Dorr21 Apr
  • Re: HELP!!!Sasha Pachev21 Apr