I have just released PrimeBase XT (PBXT) 1.0.04 Alpha and it is
available for download from http://www.primebase.org/download.
For this release I have concentrated on performance as I explained in
my blog post: http://pbxt.blogspot.com/2008/08/new-pbxt-release-1004-improves.html
. I have also completed the Windows port.
For further details please refer to the release notes:
With the "Quick Guide: Building and Installing PBXT from Source" on
the download page it is really easy to get started.
So give PBXT a try, and let me know how it goes... :)
PBXT is a transactional storage engine for MySQL 5.1. Features include:
* MVCC: Multi-version concurrency control, enables reading without
* Transactions: support for BEGIN, COMMIT and ROLLBACK and recovery on
* ACID compliant: Atomic, Consistent, Isolated, Durable (once
committed changes cannot be lost).
* Row-level locking: updates use row-level locking allowing for
* Deadlock detection: immediate notification if client processes are
* Referential Integrity: foreign key support.
* Write-once: PBXT avoids double-writes by using a log-based
* BLOB streaming: In combination with the BLOB Streaming engine
PBXT is open source and is available under the GPL license. For more
information please go to: http://www.primebase.org, or contact me
|• [ANN] PBXT 1.0.04 Alpha has just been released||Paul McCullagh||3 Aug|