List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:July 31 2008 4:14pm
Subject:RE: Re-arranging fields
View as plain text

[JS] I've had to work with programs written like that, and cursed the
original author most soundly. Personally, I don't mind the extra typing to
give things suggestive names. It's been a very long time since I had to
worry about the size of a symbol table.

>Either way, the -order- has nothing to do with readable names. If you
>filter
>on fields, can't you order the list to filter on? Or do you simply fetch
>them from
>the db and that's that?

[JS] Typically I just have them link to the table and "filter by form". Then
they usually copy and paste into an Excel spreadsheet.

>Martijn Tonies
>Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB,
>Oracle &
>MS SQL Server
>Upscene Productions
>http://www.upscene.com
>My thoughts:
>http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
>Database development questions? Check the forum!
>http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
>

>--
>infoshop.com

Thread
Re-arranging fieldsJerry Schwartz30 Jul
  • Re: Re-arranging fieldsRanjeet Walunj30 Jul
    • RE: Re-arranging fieldsJerry Schwartz31 Jul
      • RE: Re-arranging fieldsMr. Shawn H. Corey31 Jul
        • RE: Re-arranging fieldsJerry Schwartz31 Jul
          • RE: Re-arranging fieldsMr. Shawn H. Corey31 Jul
            • RE: Re-arranging fieldsJerry Schwartz31 Jul
  • Re: Re-arranging fieldsRob Wultsch30 Jul
    • Re: Re-arranging fieldsRob Wultsch31 Jul
    • RE: Re-arranging fieldsJerry Schwartz31 Jul
  • Re: Re-arranging fieldsMr. Shawn H. Corey30 Jul
    • RE: Re-arranging fieldsJerry Schwartz31 Jul
  • Re: Re-arranging fieldsMartijn Tonies31 Jul
    • RE: Re-arranging fieldsJerry Schwartz31 Jul