List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:July 31 2008 4:09pm
Subject:RE: SET vs. ENUM
View as plain text

[JS] No, you've made several good points. My reasoning is that inexperienced
folks using this table through MS Access don't generally understand enough
about database design to create the necessary JOINs to do it right. Perhaps
the trade-off is a bad one.

>Martijn Tonies
>Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB,
>Oracle &
>MS SQL Server
>Upscene Productions
>http://www.upscene.com
>My thoughts:
>http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
>Database development questions? Check the forum!
>http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
>

>--
>infoshop.com

Thread
SET vs. ENUMJerry Schwartz31 Jul
  • Re: SET vs. ENUMMartijn Tonies31 Jul
    • RE: SET vs. ENUMJerry Schwartz31 Jul
  • Re: SET vs. ENUMMartijn Tonies31 Jul
    • RE: SET vs. ENUMJerry Schwartz31 Jul
      • Re: SET vs. ENUMChris W31 Jul
        • Re: SET vs. ENUMMr. Shawn H. Corey31 Jul
          • Re: SET vs. ENUMChris W31 Jul
  • Re: SET vs. ENUMPerrin Harkins31 Jul
    • Re: SET vs. ENUMMr. Shawn H. Corey31 Jul
      • Re: SET vs. ENUMPerrin Harkins31 Jul
    • RE: SET vs. ENUMJerry Schwartz31 Jul
  • Re: SET vs. ENUMMartijn Tonies1 Aug