List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sivasakthi Date:July 24 2008 12:21pm
Subject:Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?
View as plain text
Martijn Tonies wrote:
> Hey,
>

>> How do I get the  file names from a certain directory in SQL?
>>

> It seems to me that you're trying to do things that are beyong SQL
> really. SQL is about the database, not about a file system.
>
> Yes, by creating a DBMS that allows you to write functions that
> interact with the file system, you can do these things, but I wonder
> if it's the right way to go.
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle &
> MS SQL Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> My thoughts:
> http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
> Database development questions? Check the forum!
> http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

I accept that.. but my requirement is , I have some no of Excel files..I
just need to check the modified time of the files ,if it is modified
currently then I need to open those files and convert the excel data to
database.. otherwise i didnt change anything in my database..

how can i going to achieve that?

Thanks,
Siva
Thread
How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Sivasakthi24 Jul
  • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Martijn Tonies24 Jul
    • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Sivasakthi24 Jul
      • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Pintér Tibor24 Jul
  • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Mr. Shawn H. Corey24 Jul