List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mr. Shawn H. Corey Date:July 24 2008 12:18pm
Subject:Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?
View as plain text
On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 17:36 +0530, Sivasakthi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How do I get the  file names from a certain directory in SQL?

SQL is designed to deal with RDBs, not the rest of the computer system.
I suggest you switch to a modern language such as Perl, Python, Ruby, or
even PHP.  Each has a good interface to SQL.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

"Where there's duct tape, there's hope."

Thread
How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Sivasakthi24 Jul
  • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Martijn Tonies24 Jul
    • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Sivasakthi24 Jul
      • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Pintér Tibor24 Jul
  • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Mr. Shawn H. Corey24 Jul