List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:July 24 2008 12:10pm
Subject:Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?
View as plain text
Hey,

> How do I get the  file names from a certain directory in SQL?

It seems to me that you're trying to do things that are beyong SQL
really. SQL is about the database, not about a file system.

Yes, by creating a DBMS that allows you to write functions that
interact with the file system, you can do these things, but I wonder
if it's the right way to go.

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Sivasakthi24 Jul
  • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Martijn Tonies24 Jul
    • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Sivasakthi24 Jul
      • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Pintér Tibor24 Jul
  • Re: How do I get the file names from a certain directory in SQL?Mr. Shawn H. Corey24 Jul