List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:July 8 2008 3:56pm
Subject:Re: delete query question
View as plain text
Jeff,

>Table2.ticket = table1.ID
>Table2 is a many to 1 relationship to table1
>I need to delete all records from table1 where created <
>unix_timestamp(date_sub(now(), interval 3 month))
>And all rows from table2 where Table2.ticket = Table1.ID
>(of the deleted rows..)

Like this (untested)?

DELETE table1,table2
FROM table1 t1
JOIN table2 t2 ON t1.id=t2.ticket
WHERE t2.created < UNIX_TIMESTAMP( DATE_SUB( NOW(), INTERVAL 3 MONTH )) ;

PB

-----

Jeff Mckeon wrote:
> I think this is possible but I'm having a total brain fart as to how to
> construct the query..
>
> Table2.ticket = table1.ID
>
> Table2 is a many to 1 relationship to table1
>
> I need to delete all records from table1 where created <
> unix_timestamp(date_sub(now(), interval 3 month))
> And all rows from table2 where Table2.ticket = Table1.ID (of the deleted
> rows..)
>
> Can't this be done in one query? Or two?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Thread
delete query questionJeff Mckeon8 Jul
  • Re: delete query questionIan Simpson8 Jul
    • RE: delete query questionJeff Mckeon8 Jul
      • RE: delete query questionIan Simpson8 Jul
  • Re: delete query questionPeter Brawley8 Jul
    • RE: delete query questionJeff Mckeon8 Jul