List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:July 4 2008 3:11am
Subject:Re: Create Table from Results of SQL Query
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jul 04), O. Olson said: I have a SQL Query that
> has an inner join and it is taking too long to execute. I am thinking
> of speeding this up by dumping the result into a separate table - as
> I would be requiring the result of this query many times in the
> future.  I am wondering if someone could show me how to create a
> table from the results of the SQL Query.

CREATE TABLE table2 SELECT field1,field2 FROM table1

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-table.html

Note that you may need to add appropriate indexes after this, to make
your later queries on the temp table faster.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped