List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:up Date:July 2 2008 8:14pm
Subject:Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same server
View as plain text
No, because I fear that would break the existing customer php apps, which
is the whole point of running two versions of MySQL.

What I guess I need to know is if php's mysql and mysqli extensions can be
made to recognize two different sets of client libs.

Unless you're telling me that having them use the 5.0 client libraries
won't break working 3.23 apps...

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> Did you rebuild php against the 5.0 libraries as I suggested yesterday?  If
> you didn't it will only recognize the 3.23 version.  It will not be able to
> talk to the 5.0 version.
>
> Curtis
>

> up@stripped wrote:
>>
>> It would appear that the problem isn't getting MySQL 3.23 and 5.0 to run on
>> the same server with different ports and sockets, but rather getting
>> mod_php to recognize both clients.  phpinfo() shows only 3.23, since it's
>> in the standard path.
>>
>> If anyone has experience getting two different versions recognized by php,
>> I'd greatly appreciate input.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> James Smallacombe              PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
>> up@stripped                                http://3.am

up@stripped							    http://3.am
Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverup1 Jul
  • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverKevin F. O'Riordan2 Jul
    • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverup2 Jul
      • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverup2 Jul
      • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverup2 Jul
        • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverCurtis Maurand2 Jul
          • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverup2 Jul
            • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverCurtis Maurand3 Jul
              • Re: Running 2 versions of MySQL on same serverup3 Jul