List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:June 30 2008 2:05pm
Subject:RE: convertion to utf-8
View as plain text
[JS] Try removing the unique key and then import the data. Take a look at
what is actually being stored. I doubt that MySQL is lying, so you need to
trace back to the source of the data, one step at a time. I've gone down
this road, and learnt quite a lot about the data conversions that go on
behind the scenes.

>Not too sure why I'm getting this error since the current (latin1) data
>mysql> select * from topics_lookup where label like 'Zor%';
>| label    | topic_id | main |
>| Zorglub  |       72 |    0 |
>2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>There is a unique index on label, however the 2 data are different.
>Any ideas ?
>MySQL General Mailing List
>For list archives:
>To unsubscribe:

convertion to utf-8Pooly29 Jun
  • Re: convertion to utf-8Dan Nelson30 Jun
    • Re: convertion to utf-8Pooly30 Jun
      • Re: convertion to utf-8Dan Nelson1 Jul
        • Re: convertion to utf-8Pooly3 Jul
  • RE: convertion to utf-8Jerry Schwartz30 Jun