List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcin Polewski Date:June 30 2008 1:43am
Subject:Wrong PID
View as plain text
On my machine, I start the following command:
/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe
--defaults-extra-file=/var/db/mysql/my.cnf --user=mysql
--datadir=/var/db/mysql --pid-file=/var/db/mysql/zigzu.bixbots.com.pid

For some reason my PID file does not contain the parent PID, instead it
contains one the children's PID. So when I attempt to stop MySQL, it stops
only one of the child mysqld processes and not all of them.

For example, when mysqld_safe starts up, the following PIDs are running:

23349 mysqld_safe
+ 23378    mysqld
+ 23379    mysqld
+ 23380    mysqld
+ 23381    mysqld
+ 23382    mysqld
+ 23383    mysqld
+ 23385    mysqld
+ 23386    mysqld
+ 23387    mysqld
+ 23388    mysqld
+ 23389    mysqld
+ 23390    mysqld
+ 23391    mysqld
+ 23392    mysqld
+ 23431    mysqld
+ 23445    mysqld
+ 23567    mysqld
+ 24078    mysqld

But the PID file will contain 23383 which is not the parent process.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,
--Marcin

Thread