List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:samk Date:June 27 2008 12:09am
Subject:Moving Database from Windows to Linux
View as plain text
See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=42035 Posted on behalf of a User

Hi,

I'm running MySQL 5.0.51 Community edition. I have a half a gigabyte sized database that
I'd like to move from a Windows 2000 based server to a Linux server. What's the best way
to do this? I normally take complete backup using MySQL administrator which creates a
file with sql to recreate the tables and insert the data. Can I simply ftp this to the
Linux box and restore it to a database there? Is there a MySQL administrator for Linux?

Thanks

Thread
Moving Database from Windows to Linuxsamk27 Jun
  • Re: Moving Database from Windows to Linuxmos27 Jun
  • Re: Moving Database from Windows to LinuxTsuyoshi Nagata27 Jun
  • Re: Moving Database from Windows to LinuxAaron Blew27 Jun
    • Re: Moving Database from Windows to LinuxTsuyoshi Nagata10 Jul
Re: Moving Database from Windows to Linuxsamk27 Jun