List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:tmk Date:June 18 2008 5:45pm
Subject:How to guarantee an integrity in this case?
View as plain text
I want to do this:

[1] read a row from table table_1 with select
[2] change a row from [1] with update
[3] change another row in table table_1 with update

But queries [2] and [3] in the time of invoking, assume that row from query
[1] wasn't changed.

Should I use LOCK TABLES? - I've tried that in query browser, but that
doesn't prevent another thread to modify locked table.