List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:June 15 2008 5:13pm
Subject:Re: Function Still Not Working
View as plain text  
> you not ADD Binary, you need to "remove" BINARY ... ;-)

Sorry, I misunderstood.

> convert the string to latin1 or utf8 o.s.s.
>
> "LOWER() (and UPPER()) are ineffective when applied to binary strings 
> (BINARY, VARBINARY, BLOB). To perform lettercase conversion, convert the 
> string to a non-binary string"
>
> did you tried?

Well, I thought I had tried this, but with all the other things that I'd 
tried, I guess I had everything mixed up. I started with a clean routine, 
used Convert(... using UTF8), and it works perfectly now. That's what it 
was.

Thanks for the help!

Jesse 

Thread
Function Still Not WorkingJesse12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingMartijn Tonies12 Jun
    • RE: Function Still Not WorkingTodd M. Boyd12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingSebastian Mendel12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse12 Jun
    • RE: Function Still Not WorkingTodd M. Boyd13 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse13 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse15 Jun