List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd M. Boyd Date:June 13 2008 3:55pm
Subject:RE: Fulltext index -first query slow, subsequent queries fast
View as plain text

---8<--- snip

GIYF: http://www.linux.com/feature/118721

I believe the *binaries* are only *pre-compiled* for Windows. Search the
Sphinx site for info about compilation, or crack open one of the .tgz
(an immediate "I'm probably a *nix package" flag) releases. I'll bet you
can compile it yourself on *nix. (The article I've linked to also talks
about using Sphinx in BSD distros.)

Hope that helps,

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer

Thread
Fulltext index -first query slow, subsequent queries fastRory McKinley12 Jun
  • RE: Fulltext index -first query slow, subsequent queries fastJerry Schwartz12 Jun
  • Re: Fulltext index -first query slow, subsequent queries fastmos12 Jun
    • Re: Fulltext index -first query slow, subsequent queries fastRory McKinley12 Jun
      • Re: Fulltext index -first query slow, subsequent queries fastAnanda Kumar13 Jun
        • RE: Fulltext index -first query slow, subsequent queries fastTodd M. Boyd13 Jun