List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Simpson Date:June 13 2008 3:26pm
Subject:RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tables
View as plain text
Hi Jerry,

It could be a kernel issue; however, currently I'm suspecting that the
drive in the new server simply doesn't have the same bandwidth
capability. The iostat results I'm getting (although I'm not an expert
in reading them, having only learned of it about 3 hours ago) suggest
that the older server is handling roughly the same data quantities, but
just using a much lower percentage of the drive's bandwidth.

I can't seem to find a tool which reports on exactly how much write
bandwidth a drive has; everything seems to focus on reading speed.

Thanks,

--
Ian Simpson

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 11:18 -0400, Jerry Schwartz wrote:
> [...]
> >message shall not be treated as neither given nor endorsed by the
> >company. Neither the company nor the sender accepts any responsibility
> >for viruses or other destructive elements and it is your responsibility
> >to scan any attachments.

This email may contain confidential information and is intended for the recipient(s) only.
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the
author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient(s) disclosure,
distribution, copying or printing of this email is strictly prohibited and you should
destroy this mail. Information or opinions in this message shall not be treated as
neither given nor endorsed by the company. Neither the company nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for viruses or other destructive elements and it is your responsibility to
Thread
Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
  • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAlex Arul Lurthu13 Jun
    • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
      • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAnanda Kumar13 Jun
        • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAlex Arul Lurthu13 Jun
          • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
            • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAlex Arul Lurthu13 Jun
            • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesJerry Schwartz13 Jun
              • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
                • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesJerry Schwartz13 Jun
                  • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
                    • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesWm Mussatto13 Jun
                      • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
                        • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesNick Adams15 Jun