List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Simpson Date:June 13 2008 12:44pm
Subject:Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tables
View as plain text
Hi Alex,

Configurations are identical, other than the differences I initially
mentioned. I've diffed both the configuration files and the output of
SHOW VARIABLES on both servers.

I've contacted my hosting provider to ask about the RAID settings.

Variable_name: innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit
        Value: 1
Variable_name: sync_binlog
        Value: 0
Variable_name: innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog
        Value: OFF

Thanks

--
Ian Simpson

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 17:43 +0530, Alex Arul Lurthu wrote:
> [...]
> trx commit , bin logging, sync binlog and innodb unsafe for binlog ?
>
> If the systems have raid, check if the BBWC is enabled on the new host
> and WB is enabled.
>

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Ian Simpson <ians@stripped>
> wrote:
>         Hi list,
>
>         Have a bit of a mystery here that I hope somebody can help
>         with.
>
>         I've just got a new server that I'm using as a dedicated MySQL
>         server.
>         In terms of hardware it's pretty much identical, if not
>         slightly
>         superior to an existing server already in production use.
>
>         It's having a real struggle processing INSERT statements to
>         InnoDB
>         tables; it's maxing out at around 100 inserts per second, even
>         with very
>         simple two column tables (inserts into MyISAM tables run
>         fine).
>         Meanwhile, the original server can happily process around 1000
>         inserts/sec into an identical table.
>
>         The MySQL configuration of the two databases is identical,
>         except for
>         the tablespace file size (the new server has a larger
>         tablespace
>         defined), and the InnoDB logs (again, new server has larger
>         logs).
>
>         Can anybody suggest an area of investigation as to the cause?
>
>         Thanks,
>         --
>         Ian Simpson
>
>         This email may contain confidential information and is
>         intended for the recipient(s) only. If an addressing or
>         transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify
>         the author by replying to this email. If you are not the
>         intended recipient(s) disclosure, distribution, copying or
>         printing of this email is strictly prohibited and you should
>         destroy this mail. Information or opinions in this message
>         shall not be treated as neither given nor endorsed by the
>         company. Neither the company nor the sender accepts any
>         responsibility for viruses or other destructive elements and
>         it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.
>

> --
> Thanks
> Alex
> http://alexlurthu.wordpress.com

This email may contain confidential information and is intended for the recipient(s) only.
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the
author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient(s) disclosure,
distribution, copying or printing of this email is strictly prohibited and you should
destroy this mail. Information or opinions in this message shall not be treated as
neither given nor endorsed by the company. Neither the company nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for viruses or other destructive elements and it is your responsibility to
Thread
Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
  • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAlex Arul Lurthu13 Jun
    • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
      • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAnanda Kumar13 Jun
        • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAlex Arul Lurthu13 Jun
          • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
            • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesAlex Arul Lurthu13 Jun
            • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesJerry Schwartz13 Jun
              • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
                • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesJerry Schwartz13 Jun
                  • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
                    • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesWm Mussatto13 Jun
                      • RE: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesIan Simpson13 Jun
                        • Re: Very slow inserts into InnoDB tablesNick Adams15 Jun