List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:June 12 2008 11:09am
Subject:Function Still Not Working
View as plain text
Sorry for posting this again, but I got only one response last time, and I'm
still having the problem.  I spent HOURS the other day manually going
through the data and Properizing these things by hand. I don't want to do
that again if I can avoid it.  If anyone has any clues on this one, I would
appreciate it.

The only difference in this and what I have now is that someone suggested
changing it to Deterministic, which I did, and that didn't change the
output.  I also changed "SQL SECURITY DEFINER" to "SQL SECURITY INVOKER",
and that didn't make a difference either.
----
I have the following function on two servers:

CREATE FUNCTION `ProperCase`(cInput TEXT)
   RETURNS text
   NOT DETERMINISTIC
   CONTAINS SQL
   SQL SECURITY DEFINER
   COMMENT ''
BEGIN
   Declare cReturn Text;
   Set cReturn = CONCAT(UPPER(SUBSTRING(cInput,1,1)),LOWER(SUBSTRING(cInput
FROM 2)));
   RETURN cReturn;
END;

It's a very simple function used to properize a string sent to it. When I do
a simple SELECT ProperCase('JESSE'); it returns "JESSE" on our server that
is running 5.0.17-nt-log. On another server that I've got, running
5.0.51a-community-nt, this function returns "Jesse" as it should.

The only difference that I can think of is the version. Is there a problem
with the older version that would cause this function not to work properly?

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
Function Still Not WorkingJesse12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingMartijn Tonies12 Jun
    • RE: Function Still Not WorkingTodd M. Boyd12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingSebastian Mendel12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse12 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse12 Jun
    • RE: Function Still Not WorkingTodd M. Boyd13 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse13 Jun
  • Re: Function Still Not WorkingJesse15 Jun