List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pawel Eljasz Date:June 10 2008 11:45am
Subject:revoke all on *.* ??
View as plain text
dear all
mysql 5.0.51a, very basic config thus I don't think could be of any
relevance here
there is a user with following grants:
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'ff'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
'077042fb4932b5b5'
is it possible to:
revoke all on *.* from $above_user  OR revoke usage on *.* from $above_user
?
when I execute this I get no errors, but show grants still show there
are privileges
is it possible to make a user able to view and work only on one specific db?
I think of it in respect of phpmyadmin, like user can only access a
specific DB and no access to
anything else whatsoever?

cheers
P.