List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:June 5 2008 2:04pm
Subject:Re: JAVA UDF HOW
View as plain text
Hi!

MySQL is an open-source product. That allows anyone to contribute
patches and new features from the community.
In time, when the feature is mature, it may be included in some future
version.

Documentation on this feature is very limited because the (2) people
behind the project have only pursued it during their personal free
time. The code is of alpha quality and the target audience is mostly
aimed at people of expert knowledge who can largely figure out how to
use it without the aid of verbose documentation.

Of course, if anyone is willing to contribute documentation, it would
be greatly appreciated. The forge site is a wiki: Anyone may add stuff
to it.

Regards,
Antony

On 5 Jun 2008, at 05:05, Abhayjeet Singh Grewal wrote:

> Thanks Everybody,
>
> I went through the project and was a little dissapointed with MySQL
> not supporting Java natively as yet. Let's hope we include this
> support in coming future.
> Also, there is not enough documentation for the project mentioned:
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/ProjectPage_External_Language_Stored_Procedures
>
> Thanks again !!
>
> Abhay Grewal
>
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Antony T Curtis <antonycurtis@stripped
> > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Check out this link for Java stored procedures with MySQL
>
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/ProjectPage_External_Language_Stored_Procedures
>
> It is probably what you are looking for. I have some more info on my
> blog at http://antbits.blogspot.com/
>
> For more information, you can email Eric Herman <eric@stripped> or
> you can email me.
> Currently, you will not see any Java Stored Procedure functionality
> in any official MySQL release but I plan to maintain a fork with
> this feature.
>
> Soon, I plan to be in a position to build 'preview' binaries for
> Linux, FreeBSD, Windows and MacOS.
>

> Regards,
> Antony Curtis,
>
> (Not speaking on behalf of my current or any prior employer)
>

> On 4 Jun 2008, at 01:39, Abhayjeet Singh Grewal wrote:
>
> Thanks Martin,
> I looked at the link, but I guess I was not able to put my question
> in the
> right way.
>
> Basically I have a Java Package and I want to call that package from
> MYSQL
> function or procedure.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhay
>
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Martin <mgainty@stripped> wrote:
>
> Abhay-
>
> It seems you are referring to the UDF Oracle specific User-defined
> forms
> Have you looked at
>
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10391_01/doc.910/e10363/oimadm.htm#CIAEFFAD
>
> ?
> Martin
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Abhayjeet Singh Grewal" <
> abhay@stripped>

Thread
JAVA UDF HOWAbhayjeet Singh Grewal3 Jun
Re: JAVA UDF HOWAbhayjeet Singh Grewal4 Jun
  • Re: JAVA UDF HOWDan Nelson4 Jun
  • Re: JAVA UDF HOWAntony T Curtis5 Jun
    • Re: JAVA UDF HOWAbhayjeet Singh Grewal5 Jun
      • Re: JAVA UDF HOWAntony T Curtis5 Jun