List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Abhayjeet Singh Grewal Date:June 5 2008 12:05pm
Subject:Re: JAVA UDF HOW
View as plain text
Thanks Everybody,

I went through the project and was a little dissapointed with MySQL not
supporting Java natively as yet. Let's hope we include this support in
coming future.
Also, there is not enough documentation for the project mentioned:
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/ProjectPage_External_Language_Stored_Procedures

Thanks again !!

Abhay Grewal

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Antony T Curtis <antonycurtis@stripped>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Check out this link for Java stored procedures with MySQL
>
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/ProjectPage_External_Language_Stored_Procedures
>
> It is probably what you are looking for. I have some more info on my blog
> at http://antbits.blogspot.com/
>
> For more information, you can email Eric Herman <eric@stripped> or you
> can email me.
> Currently, you will not see any Java Stored Procedure functionality in any
> official MySQL release but I plan to maintain a fork with this feature.
>
> Soon, I plan to be in a position to build 'preview' binaries for Linux,
> FreeBSD, Windows and MacOS.
>

> Regards,
> Antony Curtis,
>
> (Not speaking on behalf of my current or any prior employer)
>

> On 4 Jun 2008, at 01:39, Abhayjeet Singh Grewal wrote:
>
> Thanks Martin,
>> I looked at the link, but I guess I was not able to put my question in the
>> right way.
>>
>> Basically I have a Java Package and I want to call that package from MYSQL
>> function or procedure.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Abhay
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Martin <mgainty@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> Abhay-
>>>
>>> It seems you are referring to the UDF Oracle specific User-defined forms
>>> Have you looked at
>>>

> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10391_01/doc.910/e10363/oimadm.htm#CIAEFFAD
>>>
>>> ?
>>> Martin
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Abhayjeet Singh Grewal" <
>>> abhay@stripped>

Thread
JAVA UDF HOWAbhayjeet Singh Grewal3 Jun
Re: JAVA UDF HOWAbhayjeet Singh Grewal4 Jun
  • Re: JAVA UDF HOWDan Nelson4 Jun
  • Re: JAVA UDF HOWAntony T Curtis5 Jun
    • Re: JAVA UDF HOWAbhayjeet Singh Grewal5 Jun
      • Re: JAVA UDF HOWAntony T Curtis5 Jun