List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 4 2008 3:46pm
Subject:Re: JAVA UDF HOW
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 04), Abhayjeet Singh Grewal said:
> Thanks Martin,
>
> I looked at the link, but I guess I was not able to put my question
> in the right way.
>
> Basically I have a Java Package and I want to call that package from
> MYSQL function or procedure.

I don't think that's possible with plain mysql.  A UDF has to be a C or
C++ module, according to
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/adding-udf.html (applies to all
previous versions of mysql, too).  There is a project to add support
for other languages, though, according to
http://forge.mysql.com/projects/project.php?id=239 .

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped