List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stut Date:June 4 2008 3:15pm
Subject:Re: Show indexing status
View as plain text
On 4 Jun 2008, at 15:53, Ben Clewett wrote:
> As far as I am aware, the index's are built on import.
>
> It may be that the key-buffer or innodb-buffer (depending on
> engine), and the query cache, are all cold.  May take a day or so to
> build them up depending on size and load.
>
> Other than that there must be some external difference.  Is it the
> same server?  Same config file?  Same default engine?

All tables are InnoDB.

Different server (temporarily on one of the Apache servers until
replacement HDDs for the DB server arrive) but CPU is >50% idle with
MySQL taking ~33% continuously. Load is hovering just over 2 (2 CPUs
in there).

Config file is probably a little different - we didn't have a copy of
it before the DB HDD's went belly up.

> Stut wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just finished restoring a 22gig SQL dump but the server is not
>> performing anywhere near where it should be. I'm assuming this is
>> because it's still rebuilding indexes on the imported tables.
>> Is there any way to see the indexing status so I can gauge how far
>> it's got?
>> Thanks.
>> -Stut

Thanks.