List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:June 4 2008 2:53pm
Subject:Re: Show indexing status
View as plain text
As far as I am aware, the index's are built on import.

It may be that the key-buffer or innodb-buffer (depending on engine),
and the query cache, are all cold.  May take a day or so to build them
up depending on size and load.

Other than that there must be some external difference.  Is it the same
server?  Same config file?  Same default engine?

Ben

Stut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished restoring a 22gig SQL dump but the server is not
> performing anywhere near where it should be. I'm assuming this is
> because it's still rebuilding indexes on the imported tables.
>
> Is there any way to see the indexing status so I can gauge how far it's
> got?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Stut

Thread
Show indexing statusStut4 Jun
  • Re: Show indexing statusBen Clewett4 Jun
    • Re: Show indexing statusStut4 Jun