List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karen Abgarian Date:June 3 2008 6:38pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Socket Question
View as plain text
Hello,

If the (MySQL) server is started automatically, the upgrade could have
modified the property files or boot scripts.
I would check the server's socket variable, the error could be the
mismatch from the server's UNIX socket and the
client's.  Try setting MYSQL_UNIX_PORT if still cannot connect...

Hth
Karen.

On Jun 3, 2008, at 8:31 AM, Steve Marquez wrote:

> Greetings everyone. I just recently upgraded to OS 10.4.11 on my
> Powerbook and got the following error when connecting to a database
> that was working prior to the upgrade.
>
> "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket"
>
> I made no changes to the code or the database. I am using PHP to
> access the data from a web browser.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Pastor Steve
> Calvary Chapel Fort Smith
>
> smarquez@stripped
>
> For more information regarding Calvary Chapel Fort Smith, please
> visit:
> http://www.ccfortsmith.com
>
> "We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us;
> We are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."
>
> C.S. Lewis

Thread
MySQL Socket QuestionSteve Marquez3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Socket QuestionGerald L. Clark3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Socket QuestionKaren Abgarian3 Jun