List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 30 2008 2:08pm
Subject:Re: Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...
View as plain text
The LAST_INSERT will return the last saved AUTO_INCREMENT for that
connection and for no other connection.  So if two users on different
connections save at the same time, there will not be a problem.

Ben

Miguel Cardenas wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I need to retrieve the AUTOINCREMENT field from the just inserted record,
> note that I say JUST INSERTED and not LAST INSERTED.
>
> It is for a website that accepts forms submitted by users, but it may occur
> in some time that two or more forms are submitted simultaneously by
> different users, so not necessarily the last inserted could be the just
> inserted, or yes?
>

> Thanks for any help

Thread
Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...Miguel Cardenas30 May
  • Re: Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...Michael Dykman30 May
    • Re: Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...D Hill30 May
    • Re: Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...D Hill30 May
      • Re: Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...Moon's Father2 Jun
  • Re: Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...Ben Clewett30 May
    • Re: Obtaining AUTOINCREMENT of just inserted record, but...Werner Van Belle30 May