List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin Charles Date:May 30 2008 6:04am
Subject:Re: How To run Multiple Storage Engines: CSV, InnoDB...
View as plain text
Robert L Cochran wrote:

Hi!

<snipped>
> | CSV        | NO      | CSV storage
> engine                                             |

This is the problem... it should say:
| CSV        | YES      | CSV storage engine
                  |

> I'm not sure if a 'YES' in the 'Support' column above means the engine
> is started at runtime, or if it means the MySQL server was compiled with
> support for that engine. In any case, I want to be able to use the CSV
> engine in addition to MyISAM, MEMORY, InnoDB, BerkeleyDB and MRG_MYISAM.
> How do I "activate" that CSV engine?

For the CSV engine to be able to be used, you should rebuild the package
to allow the CSV engine

You could also file a bug with CentOS to ask for it to be enabled by default

Or download it from dev.mysql.com/downloads/ - mysql 5.0.51a from there
has all engines enabled, except ndbcluster, isam, and berkeleydb (12
rows are returned with show engines;)

hope this helps!

--
Colin Charles, Community Relations Manager, APAC
Database Group, Sun Microsystems Inc., http://www.mysql.com/

MySQL Forge: http://forge.mysql.com/

Thread
How To run Multiple Storage Engines: CSV, InnoDB... Robert L Cochran14 May
  • Re: How To run Multiple Storage Engines: CSV, InnoDB...Colin Charles30 May