List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 29 2008 2:35pm
Subject:Re: 5.0.22 MySql Configuration
View as plain text
Beware, MySql reads the file /etc/my.cnf before your own config file.
This might contain contradictory definition.  Advise to delete this
file, or fill it with just defaults needed for the 'mysql' command line
tool.
Ben

Venu Madhav Padakanti wrote:
> I have tried that but it failed.
>
> Here is what I have found.
>    *     The command /etc/init.d/mysqld stop uses the socket from
>      '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' Even though the start process reads
>      the configuration file.  I changed just the socket to the default
>      value and it works.
>
>    Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks for your help
> ..venu
>
> Chityphong Banchong wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Did you check your selinux config ???  try to set it to disable and
>> restart.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Venu Madhav Padakanti wrote:
>>>
>>>    I have installed Enterprise Linux 5 version with the MySQL Version
>>> 5.0.22.
>>>
>>>    I would like to have my datadir as /data/mysql and have the
>>> following lines in /etc/my.cnf file
>>>
>>>    [mysqld]
>>>    datadir=/data/mysql
>>>    socket=/data/mysql/mysql.sock
>>>
>>>    [mysql.server]
>>>    basedir=/data
>>>
>>>    [mysqld_safe]
>>>    log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
>>>    pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysql.pid
>>>

>>>    *I have also* copied /var/lib/mysql to /data/mysql and have set
>>> the permissions.
>>>
>>>    *Problem:* When I start the mysql daemon it returns with a
>>> timeout. Just replacing '/data/mysql' with the default
>>> '/var/lib/mysql' runs fine.
>>>
>>>    Any issues on what is wrong or how to fix.
>>>
>>>    Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> ..venu
>>>

>> --
>>
>>   *Chityphong BANCHONG*
>>   Operations Department
>>
>>   PT 1rst/WAP/
>>   Jl. Kapten Tendean no 34, 4th floor
>>   Jakarta 12790
>>   Indonesia
>>   Web: www.1rstWAP.com
>>  The information contained in this communication is intended solely
>>  for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and
>>  others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or
>>  legally privileged information.
>>  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
>>  any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance
>>  on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
>>  be unlawful.
>>  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
>>  immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
>>  system.
>>  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
>>  solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
>>  the company.
>>  1rstWAP is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
>>  of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay
>>  in its receipt.
>>  This email has been scanned by 1rstWAP's AntiVirus System and no virus
>>  was detected.

5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationVenu Madhav Padakanti28 May
  • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationChityphong Banchong28 May
    • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationVenu Madhav Padakanti29 May
      • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationBen Clewett29 May