List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Venu Madhav Padakanti Date:May 29 2008 12:42pm
Subject:Re: 5.0.22 MySql Configuration
View as plain text
I have tried that but it failed.

Here is what I have found.

    *     The command /etc/init.d/mysqld stop uses the socket from
      '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' Even though the start process reads
      the configuration file.  I changed just the socket to the default
      value and it works.

    Is this a bug?

Thanks for your help
..venu

Chityphong Banchong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you check your selinux config ???  try to set it to disable and
> restart.
>
> Regards,
>
> Venu Madhav Padakanti wrote:
>>
>>    I have installed Enterprise Linux 5 version with the MySQL Version
>> 5.0.22.
>>
>>    I would like to have my datadir as /data/mysql and have the
>> following lines in /etc/my.cnf file
>>
>>    [mysqld]
>>    datadir=/data/mysql
>>    socket=/data/mysql/mysql.sock
>>
>>    [mysql.server]
>>    basedir=/data
>>
>>    [mysqld_safe]
>>    log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
>>    pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysql.pid
>>

>>    *I have also* copied /var/lib/mysql to /data/mysql and have set
>> the permissions.
>>
>>    *Problem:* When I start the mysql daemon it returns with a
>> timeout. Just replacing '/data/mysql' with the default
>> '/var/lib/mysql' runs fine.
>>
>>    Any issues on what is wrong or how to fix.
>>
>>    Thanks in advance
>>
>> ..venu

>   *Chityphong BANCHONG*
>   Operations Department
>
>   PT 1rst/WAP/
>   Jl. Kapten Tendean no 34, 4th floor
>   Jakarta 12790
>   Indonesia
>   Web: www.1rstWAP.com
>  The information contained in this communication is intended solely
>  for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and
>  others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or
>  legally privileged information.
>  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
>  any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance
>  on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
>  be unlawful.
>  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
>  immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
>  system.
>  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
>  solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
>  the company.
>  1rstWAP is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
>  of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay
>  in its receipt.
>  This email has been scanned by 1rstWAP's AntiVirus System and no virus
>  was detected.

5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationVenu Madhav Padakanti28 May
  • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationChityphong Banchong28 May
    • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationVenu Madhav Padakanti29 May
      • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationBen Clewett29 May