List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chityphong Banchong Date:May 28 2008 3:39pm
Subject:Re: 5.0.22 MySql Configuration
View as plain text
Hi,

Did you check your selinux config ???  try to set it to disable and restart.

Regards,

Venu Madhav Padakanti wrote:

>    I have installed Enterprise Linux 5 version with the MySQL Version
> 5.0.22.
>
>    I would like to have my datadir as /data/mysql and have the
> following lines in /etc/my.cnf file
>
>    [mysqld]
>    datadir=/data/mysql
>    socket=/data/mysql/mysql.sock
>
>    [mysql.server]
>    basedir=/data
>
>    [mysqld_safe]
>    log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
>    pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysql.pid
>

>    *I have also* copied /var/lib/mysql to /data/mysql and have set the
> permissions.
>
>    *Problem:* When I start the mysql daemon it returns with a timeout.
> Just replacing '/data/mysql' with the default '/var/lib/mysql' runs fine.
>
>    Any issues on what is wrong or how to fix.
>
>    Thanks in advance
>
> ..venu

  *Chityphong BANCHONG*
  Operations Department

  PT 1rst/WAP/
  Jl. Kapten Tendean no 34, 4th floor
  Jakarta 12790
  Indonesia
  Web: www.1rstWAP.com
 The information contained in this communication is intended solely
 for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and
 others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or
 legally privileged information.
 any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance
 on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
 be unlawful.
 immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
 system.
 Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
 the company.
 1rstWAP is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
 of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay
 in its receipt.
 This email has been scanned by 1rstWAP's AntiVirus System and no virus
 was detected.

5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationVenu Madhav Padakanti28 May
  • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationChityphong Banchong28 May
    • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationVenu Madhav Padakanti29 May
      • Re: 5.0.22 MySql ConfigurationBen Clewett29 May