List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ddevaudreuil Date:May 27 2008 4:18pm
Subject:Re: Trouble with alias
View as plain text
mdimartino@stripped wrote on 05/27/2008 01:31:16 PM:

> I having some issues setting aliases om my query. The details are as
follows

> Table-Name = xcircuits
>    xcircuitsID (pimary key)
>    circuit
>    popA (secondary key refers to pirmary key on xpops table)
>    popZ (secondary key refers to pirmary key on xpops table)
>
> Table-Name = xpops
>    xpopID
>    pops
>

> Query
>    SELECT l1.POPS AS`popA` , l2.POPS AS `popZ`
>    FROM  xcircuits
>    INNER JOIN xpops.POPS AS l1
>    ON xcircuits.popA = l1.popID
>    INNER JOIN xpops.POPS AS l2
>    ON xcircuits.popA = l2.popID
>    LIMIT 0 , 30
>
> Error: Table xpops.pops doesn't exits

Your inner join statments need to join to a table, not a column.  Try
this:
        SELECT l1.POPS AS `popA` , l2.POPS AS `popZ`
        FROM  xcircuits
        INNER JOIN xpops AS l1  ON xcircuits.popA = l1.popID
        INNER JOIN xpops AS l2  ON xcircuits.popA = l2.popID
        LIMIT 0 , 30

Donna
Thread
Trouble with aliasmdimartino27 May
  • Re: Trouble with aliasddevaudreuil27 May
    • Re: Trouble with aliasmdimartino27 May