List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Debian Linux Date:May 27 2008 5:02am
Subject:MySQL error database.....?
View as plain text
I have just started using MySQL and would like to know if there is any MySQL
error database around on the inernet, similar to the following

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/31c30995
14a5cd2788256e97004c7b22/082f16ef9cb0572f88256e75007cae52?Op
enDocument<http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/31c3099514a5cd2788256e97004c7b22/082f16ef9cb0572f88256e75007cae52?OpenDocument>

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms681386(VS.85).aspx

The reason that I'm asking for this is that the syntax results in the newer
version is very different to the older ones. I have obtained a course ware
which is based on the version 3.23.33 and the one installed on my computer
is v5.0.56. In the older version, improper input with the syntax of tinyint
and int zerofill will not generate any errors but the software will
autoadjust the input instead, whereas in the newer version, improper input
of the syntax will generate the errors of 1064, 1264 or 1364 etc. This is a
great improvement in that the software application to the highly law
regulated industries will be more secure such as in financial and LIMS
sectors in which software autoadjustification should not be allowed. My
unsatisfaction with the newer version is that it does not have error db for
me to find a quick solution. Thankfully, the errors mentioned above is not
difficult to fix up if one is a bit of computer literatured. However, I'm
sure when I continue to learn the MySQL, I will reach the stage where I'm
not be able to fix the errors without detailed references. I hope the MySQL
nurds would be able to grasp my point

Thread
MySQL error database.....?Debian Linux27 May
  • Re: MySQL error database.....?Dan Nelson27 May