List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Koch Date:December 15 1999 9:47pm
Subject:Re: Mysql starts but immediately stops
View as plain text
rlemon@stripped wrote:

> Running Mysql-3.23.3 , client and devel on Redhat 6.1 i386
> installed as RPM's the Mysql shuts down  with error: 2
> immediately after starting. The file called for is host.ISM. The file
> does not indeed exist. Where can I get a copy? ( I did a ftpsearch
> on lycos and tried the versions found on someones server but no
> luck) Or if it is a conifg file what is the format for said file? Any
> ideas much appreciated.
> TIA
> russell

Read this:
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Installing.html#Linux-RPM
and this:
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Installing.html#Post-installation

regards

--
Dan Koch
Webmaster

Thread
Mysql starts but immediately stopsrlemon15 Dec
  • Re: Mysql starts but immediately stopsEd Carp15 Dec
    • Re: Mysql starts but immediately stopsAndrew G Milne15 Dec
      • Re: Mysql starts but immediately stopsEd Carp15 Dec
      • Re: Mysql starts but immediately stopsEd Carp15 Dec
  • Re: Mysql starts but immediately stopsDaniel Koch16 Dec