List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:May 23 2008 9:17am
Subject:Re: error while starting replication for the first time
View as plain text
Hi Krishna,
As i said, this is a complete copy from master db to slave.
I have deleted all old files from slave and setting up from scratch, by
taking a complete backup from master, copying over to slave and using the
change master command with BIN LOG and POSITION taken before taking a backup
copy from master.

On 5/23/08, Krishna Chandra Prajapati <prajapatikc@stripped> wrote:

> check permissions
>
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I shutdown my master, took a db files backup. Copied it over to slave
>> machine.
>> I executed "change master" command, then when i start slave "slave start",
>> get the below error. I did "reset slave", but still getting same error,
>> what
>> could be the reason, and how to fix it.
>>
>> 080522 23:04:05 [ERROR] Failed to open log (file
>> '/data/mysql-log/relay-log/relay.000791', errno 2)
>> 080522 23:04:05 [ERROR] Failed to open the relay log 'FIRST'
>> (relay_log_pos
>> 4)
>>
>> I am using mysql 5.0.41 community version, on debain.
>>
>> regards
>> anandkl
>>

> --
> Krishna Chandra Prajapati
> MySQL DBA,
> Ed Ventures e-Learning Pvt.Ltd.
> 1-8-303/48/15, Sindhi Colony
> P.G.Road, Secunderabad.
> Pin Code: 500003
> Office Number: 040-66489771
> Mob: 9912924044
> Email-id: prajapatikc@stripped

Thread
error while starting replication for the first timeAnanda Kumar23 May
  • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeKrishna Chandra Prajapati23 May
    • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeAnanda Kumar23 May
      • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeKrishna Chandra Prajapati23 May
        • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeAnanda Kumar23 May
          • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeMike23 May
            • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeAnanda Kumar23 May
              • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeMike23 May
                • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeAnanda Kumar23 May
                  • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeMike23 May
                    • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeMoon's Father24 May
                      • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeAnanda Kumar26 May
  • Re: error while starting replication for the first time王旭26 May
    • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeAnanda Kumar26 May
      • Re: error while starting replication for the first timeAlex Arul Lurthu26 May