List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Samuel Vogel Date:May 22 2008 7:45pm
Subject:Re: Triggering an action every 24 hours
View as plain text
Dan Nelson schrieb:
> In the last episode (May 22), Samuel Vogel said:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I am wondering how I can trigger an Action every 24 hours inside of mysql.
>> A cron job would also do the job, but it won't work on shared hosts and
>> it's just another point of failure.
>>
>> So is there any way to run a specific SQL command every 24 hours inside of
>> mysql?
>> I'm using MySQL 5.0.51!
>>

> MySQL 5.1 added an event scheduler that would do what you need, but
> there's nothing built into 5.0.  You'll have to make do with cron jobs,
> or check out upgrading to 5.1.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/events.html

Okay. I guess I'll have to stick with cronjobs then!

Thanks,
Samy
Thread
Triggering an action every 24 hoursSamuel Vogel22 May
  • Re: Triggering an action every 24 hoursDan Nelson22 May
    • Re: Triggering an action every 24 hoursSamuel Vogel22 May
  • RE: Triggering an action every 24 hoursRolando Edwards22 May