List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 21 2008 9:54pm
Subject:Re: Replication for reporting
View as plain text
You might be able to do it with the federated engine:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/federated-storage-engine.html

Fire a trigger on your main tables which update some row in a foreign
MySql database used for accounting.  I've not tried this but the theory
is sound.

Ben

Andrey Dmitriev wrote:
> Is it true that a single mysql server can be a slave to only one master?
>
> So if you need to replicate a dozen databases into a single reporting
> server, you need to have a chain of a dozen servers in between? Someone
> shared that to me, but it didn't make much sense.
>
> In oracle we have the following options to replicate:
> Snapshots (also known as materialized views) for individual tables
> Standby (similar to mysql, but replicates the entire db)
> Streams (pick whatever you need out of sql stream)
>
> So for reporting purposes from multiple db's, you'd mostly likely pick
> snapsohts or streams.
>
> Thanks,
> andrey

Thread
Replication for reportingAndrey Dmitriev21 May
  • RE: Replication for reportingYong Lee21 May
  • Re: Replication for reportingBen Clewett21 May