List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrey Dmitriev Date:May 21 2008 6:29pm
Subject:Replication for reporting
View as plain text
Is it true that a single mysql server can be a slave to only one master?

So if you need to replicate a dozen databases into a single reporting
server, you need to have a chain of a dozen servers in between? Someone
shared that to me, but it didn't make much sense.

In oracle we have the following options to replicate:
Snapshots (also known as materialized views) for individual tables
Standby (similar to mysql, but replicates the entire db)
Streams (pick whatever you need out of sql stream)

So for reporting purposes from multiple db's, you'd mostly likely pick
snapsohts or streams.

Thanks,
andrey
Thread
Replication for reportingAndrey Dmitriev21 May
  • RE: Replication for reportingYong Lee21 May
  • Re: Replication for reportingBen Clewett21 May