List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:May 18 2008 7:32am
Subject:Re: purge binary logs on master
View as plain text
Hi Juan,
I want to purge bin logs which are older than 4 days. I want to keep 4 days
of bin logs so that in the event of any data issue, i can restore it from
bin logs. So, i tired to use

PURGE MASTER LOGS BEFORE '2008-05-07 00:00:00';

But it did not work. Can you please help me on this

regards
anandkl

On 5/17/08, Juan Eduardo Moreno <juaneduardomc@stripped> wrote:

> Ananda,
>
> Use, PURGE MASTER LOGS TO 'name of the last binary that you want leave in
> your disk';
>
> Regards
>
> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I using this command to purge binary logs on master, but i dont see the
>> binary logs getting deleted. These binary logs are listed in index file.
>> I am using mysql version 5.0.41 community version. Can you please let me
>> know if any thing else need to be done for this to work.
>>
>> log-bin is enables.
>>
>> PURGE LOGS BEFORE '2008-05-07 00:00:00';
>>
>> regards
>> anandkl

Thread
purge binary logs on masterAnanda Kumar17 May
  • Re: purge binary logs on masterJuan Eduardo Moreno17 May
    • Re: purge binary logs on masterAnanda Kumar18 May
      • Re: purge binary logs on masterTodd Lyons19 May
        • Re: purge binary logs on masterMoon's Father20 May