List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Oliveira Date:April 20 1999 8:38pm
Subject:Problem with create unique index
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm trying to create an unique index like this (to avoid login duplicates):

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX alias_index ON users(alias)

I always get this answer from mysql:

Couldn't  create  the  alias  index on the users table!  (Column 'alias' is
used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as NOT NULL)

I've this working in an older version of mysql.  At home i'm using 3.22.19b
and gives me that error.

regards,
Miguel Oliveira

E-mail: mailto:miguel@stripped
PGP key: finger://miguel@stripped

Thread
Problem with create unique indexMiguel Oliveira20 Apr
  • Re: Problem with create unique indexPaul DuBois20 Apr
  • Re: Problem with create unique indexThimble Smith20 Apr
  • Re: Problem with create unique indexSasha Pachev20 Apr
  • Re: problem with mysql and myodbc--from saikoneruTimothy Houck22 Sep
Re: problem with mysql and myodbc--from saikoneruAjit Kolhatkar22 Sep